Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cross Fit Day One:

Day one is in the books, and let me tell you damn! Here is a break down of my first time.

I show up to this place and it is crowded!  I wasn't expecting this.  I was hoping there wouldn't be any real crossfitters there, I was hoping it would be just us newbies.  Nope, it is nothing but guys and gals walking around who are super in shape and don't look like they know what food is supposed to taste like.  I know that is silly, but shit!

Class starts and i notice the five people in my group.  He-man is there, a young 20 year old guy who is in great shape is there, an overweight woman (thank God!), an ex solider who has numerous scars, and then my fat ass.  Sigh.  Not looking great.

We start with warm ups. 5 Burpees, 10 push ups, and 10 sit ups.  Ladies and gentlemen, start your anxiety!!!  I cannot do a single push up, and I cannot do a single sit up.  Burpees?  What the fuck are these?  sigh.  Thankfully, the instructor informs us that warm ups don't matter.  We can do them at our own speed, and on our own.  The point in them is to help us get ready, they are not part of the workout.  He does say that if we need to do push ups on our knees that's OK.  THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS.  Sit ups are another thing that sucks.  My gut literally gets in the way of the motion.  sigh

On to the workout.  Dead lifts and air squats.  We practice these over and over to make sure that we can do them correctly.  Straight out of the gate he says that being tall sucks for doing dead lifts.  He is right.  Damn it.  I have a terrible time staying on my heels.  If you don't, he says, you will wear yourself out because your quads suck compared to your ass and hammies.  Air squats aren't really that bad except my knees pop when I go down, I hope this will stop eventually.  Sigh.

After practicing these and getting it down we start the work out of the day, or WOD.  Its ten minutes of doing 5 dead lifts (DL) and 10 air squats (AS).  They want us to do as many as possible, or 10AMRAP.  He warns us not to go fast, to take our time and pace ourselves because it will kill us off.  So what do I do?  Bust out 4 sets of those bitches as fast as I can.  Stupid.  Insert nausea and light headiness.  Omg, I feel like I am going to die.  All in all, I spent about 4 minutes actually working out, and 6 mins trying to not vomit. 

After the WOD, we stretch, which includes some old stretches we did in basketball, plus some yoga stretches.  That part wasn't bad, except that I was chewing back vomit the whole time.  I'm proud to say that I did it, and I did not vomit.  I call that a win, well maybe not a win but at least it was not a lose.

Next day is Wednesday morning, we are going to weigh in and measure.  Sigh.  This is going to be a sad, sad day.  Talk to you later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment